Tuesday 25 August 2009

Finished alpaca scarf

A couple of weeks ago I finished the test scarf project that I started and here are the pics. It uses a beautiful soft alpaca wool - cream colour in the warp and a blue weft. The blue reminds me of a hotel on the south Cornish coast - they have a very similar colour dotted around. It's such a smart fresh colour.

The pattern is a sort of windmill shape which you can see quite well on this photo on the loom...


...and below you can see it clearly on the close-up too although in real life you need to kind of let your eyes go out of focus to spot the pattern.


Here's a final pic of the finished article and one of Margot modelling it.



I'm quite pleased with how it turned out - at least I understand the loom an awful lot better now! Although I did make a mistake on the threading and of course it's replicated throughout the whole scarf. Still, on to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails